Description of Program for ChineseLanguage
& Literature Major
（Chinese for International Education ）
（I）The orientation of Chinese for International Education is based on the traditional major Chinese Language & Literature. It responds to the national "The Belt and Road" initiative, and is based on China National Institute for SCO International Exchange and Judicial Cooperation. This specialism trains specialized talents in regional Chinese international education or language service. Students in this major should have deep humanistic qualities, be familiar with the culture and national conditions of neighboring countries, master the basic theories and skills of Chinese for international education, understand the policies and regulations of foreign exchanges, and have the ability to innovate and have more skills of communication and coordination.
（II）Graduates of this major will mainly serve the countries along the “The Belt and Road” and SCO member states. They will engage in teaching Chinese as a foreign language, cross-cultural communication, and participate in international business activities, or other cultural and educational work.
Job 1: Engaging in Chinese education and cross-cultural communication among relevant organizations, agencies and groups of countries along the “The Belt and Road” and SCO member states;
Job 2: Serving in the Chinese and foreign companies located in the countries along "The Belt and Road " as business assistants ;
Job 3: Working for Confucius Institute or relevant Chinese international education teaching, training, service organizations;
Job 4: Participating in the postgraduate programs of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages or study abroad;
Job 5: Engaging in language and cultural education in Primary or Secondary Schools, or working as company clerks, administrative assistants, etc.
According to the training objectives, students in this major should systematically study the basic theories and knowledge related to Chinese language, traditional culture, teaching of Chinese as a foreign language, cross-cultural communication, and master basic skills related to Chinese for international education. The major requires students to:
(1) Having a strong sense of social responsibility and professional identity, observing the law, being diligent and dedicated, and having a good spirit of unity and cooperation;
(2) To systematically master the basic theories, knowledge and skills related to Chinese for international education, and to understand the status, latest trends and theoretical trends of the major at home and abroad;
(3) Mastering relatively solid Chinese cultural knowledge, as well as related social science, humanities disciplines and certain natural science knowledge, has good aesthetic ability, as well as ability to comment on literary and artistic works.
(4) Mastering the basic theory and knowledge of pedagogy and psychology;
(5) Acquiring the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing in English, and English-to-Chinese translation , mastering basic Russian knowledge, engaging in a simple dialogue in Russian;
(6) Understanding relevant guidelines, policies, and regulations for cross-cultural communication, having strong ability in handling public affairs, organizing and coordinating in practical work, dealing with foreign affairs;
(7) Mastering basic computer’s operating system, including word, excel, ppt and simple graphic designing.
III. Main Courses
Modern Chinese, Ancient Chinese, Introduction to Linguistics, Linguistics Educational Approach, Introduction toChinese for International Education, Case Study of Classroom Teaching in Chinese for International Education, Educational Psychology, Cross-cultural communication, Basic writing, History of Foreign Literature, Introduction to Chinese Culture, Literary Theory,Intensive Reading of Chinese Classical Poetry,History of Chinese Literary Theory Criticism, English listening and speaking, Basic knowledge of Russian, etc.
IV. Practical Course
Military skills, Social Investigations, Social Practice, Professional Apprenticeship, Graduation Practice, Undergraduate Thesis, etc.
V. Duration ofEducation and Graduation Credits
Total Credits: 164
Bachelor of Arts
VII.Teaching Arrangement Table
See the appendix.